How do we collect your Personal Information and what Personal Information do we collect?
We collect Personal Information from you. This may include, among other things, information:
- provided in the client details form (for example, your full name, email address, telephone number, social media IDs and country of residence, etc.);
- acquired as a of opening a trading account with our partner broker;
- Information about your computer and about your visits to and use of this website (including your IP address, geographical location, browser type and version, operating system, referral source, time and date of visit, length of visit, page views and website navigation paths)
- Information that you provide to us when using the services on our website, or that is generated in the course of the use of those services
Are you required to provide Personal Information?
In order for you to utilize our services, you will provide us with your Personal Information entirely voluntarily. In most circumstances Pipsfix cannot take action without utilizing certain of your Personal Information, for example, because this Personal Information is required to process your instructions or orders or provide you with access to our services or marketing materials. In most cases, it will be impossible for us to provide the services to you without the relevant Personal Information.
For what purposes will we use your Personal Information?
We may use your Personal Information for the following purposes (“Permitted Purposes”):
- To provide you with services available on our platforms, and/or to deal with any requests or inquiries you may have;
- To provide our broker partner your information to facilitate the multi-manager account setup.
- To contact you (unless you tell us that you prefer us not to) regarding features and functionality that may be of interest to you;
- To enter into or carry out contracts of various kinds;
- To conduct monitoring by us or any other person on our behalf using various methods, including: (i) the use of “intelligent” automated monitoring tools; or (ii) through random monitoring of systems, for example systematically via electronic communication recording tools; (iii) specific monitoring of systems for example in relation to investigations, regulatory requests, subject access requests, litigation, arbitration or mediation or; (iv) data tracking, aggregation and analysis tools that pull data from various disparate data sources to draw linkages and/or detect behavioural patterns, interactions or preferences for analysis (including predictive analysis); and/or (v) using other similar monitoring technology that may become available from time to time;
- To comply with applicable laws or regulations in any country;
- For any other purpose for which your Personal Information was provided to us.
We may process your Personal Information for the following purposes after obtaining your express consent where legally required:
- To communicate with you through the channels you have approved to keep you up to date on the latest developments, announcements and other information about Pipsfix services, products and technologies;
- To conduct customer surveys, marketing campaigns, market analysis, or promotional activities;
Where legally required, with regard to marketing-related communication, we will only provide you with such information after you have opted in and we will also provide you with the opportunity to opt out at any time if you do not wish to receive further marketing-related communication from us. We like to keep our customers, personnel and other interested parties informed of company developments, including news relating to Pipsfix that we believe is of interest to them. If you do not wish to receive publications or details of events or seminars that we consider may be of interest to you, please let us Where legally required, we will not use your Personal Information for taking any automated decisions affecting you or creating profiles other than described above.
Who we share your Personal Information with, and in what circumstances
We may share your Personal Information in the following circumstances:
- We may share your Personal Information with companies providing services in the areas of fraud and crime prevention and with companies providing similar services, including financial institutions such as credit reference agencies and regulatory bodies;
- Consistent with applicable law, we may share your Personal Information with courts, law enforcement authorities, regulators or attorneys or other parties for the establishment, exercise or defence of a legal or equitable claim or for the purposes of a confidential alternative dispute resolution process;
- We may also use aggregated Personal Information and statistics for the purpose of monitoring website usage in order to help us develop our website and our services.
Otherwise, we will only disclose your Personal Information when you direct us or give us permission to do so, when we are allowed or required by applicable law or regulations or judicial or official request to do so, or as required to investigate actual or suspected fraudulent or criminal activities.
Personal Information about other people that you provide to us
Updating your Personal Information
If any of the Personal Information that you have provided to us changes, for example if you change your email address or if you wish to cancel any request that you have made of us, please e-mail and let us know. We will not be responsible for any losses arising from any inaccurate, inauthentic, deficient or incomplete Personal Information that you provide to us.
How long do we retain your Personal Information?
We retain your Personal Information in an identifiable form in accordance with our internal policies which establish general standards and procedures regarding the retention, handling and disposition of your Personal Information. Personal Information is retained for as long as necessary to meet legal, regulatory and business requirements. Retention periods may be extended if we are required to preserve your Personal Information in connection with litigation, investigations and proceedings.
Further rights for persons or information covered by GDPR
With respect to EEA residents and where your Personal Information is processed by an IBKR Entity established in the EEA (“Covered Individuals”), you have a number of legal rights under GDPR in relation to the Personal Information that we hold about you. These rights include:
- Obtaining information regarding the processing of your personal information and access to the personal information that we hold about you. Please note that there may be circumstances in which we are entitled to refuse requests for access to copies of personal information, (in particular, information that is subject to legal professional privilege);
- Requesting that we correct your personal information if it is inaccurate or incomplete;
- Requesting that we erase your personal information in certain circumstances. Please note that there may be circumstances where you ask us to erase your personal information but we are legally entitled to retain it;
- Objecting to, and requesting that we restrict, our processing of your personal information in certain circumstances. Again, there may be circumstances where you object to, or ask us to restrict, our processing of your personal information but we are legally entitled to refuse that request;
- Withdrawing your consent, although in certain circumstances it may be lawful for us to continue processing without your consent if we have another legitimate reason (other than consent) for doing so.